Things I like and things I don't
- No books available just in hardback! Too heavy!
- I like Mercedes Lackey but it's horrible to source over in the UK. I liked Protector of the Small too.
- Like the CHERUB series, disliked Alex Rider. I need a certain amount of realism in my kiddy spies
- Have a YA weakness in general actually. Megan Whalen-Turner was my last really good discovery in that area.
- Have a great fondness for both Diana Wynne Jones and Diane Duane (especially her Wizard series. Rather fond of Jenny Nimmo's Children of the Red King series too.
- Fonder of fantasy than scifi. Never hit it off with Terry Brooks, Piers Anthony is a little TOO light and I grew out of Anne McCaffrey. Got sick of Terry Goodkind too. Melanie Rawn, David Eddings, Robin Hobb are all examples of a style I still love though. And I need to read more Ursala le Guin
- Secret weakness for girly boarding school stories. My Chalet School collection, it grows, slowly and quietly.
- Do I even need to mention Pratchett?
Any recs? Who is everyone reading at present?